First of all, some pics of the night to whet your appetite!
The aim was to create a floral, spring feel, relying heavily on the colour purple as reflected on the invitations of the party with an ideal budget of under $200. The party was held on the mezzanine floor of Celsius restaurants and the area has great “bones” – the decorations focused less on hiding the usual beauty of the space and more on enhancing the area and creating that spring feel!
Some top tips?
- As you’ll see in the budget breakdown below, we relied heavily on fresh flowers for decoration. This can be pricey if you work with a florist! All flowers for the event were bought from supermarkets, dairies and side-of-the-road vendors the day of the event. For the price of one bouquet, we got eighteen medium posies! These posies also made GREAT favours for the guests remaining at the end of the night.
- The Wishing Tree was quite the popular guest book and allowed guests to write perhaps more freely than they would have felt otherwise – reading a tag on the tree that said “Ireland 15, Australia 6″ certainly did make me smile .
- The $2 shops (and those of similar ilk) make fabulous places to pick up discount items – both sets of ribbons and the packs of purple polkadot napkins
- Many things can be repurposed from items you already had at home!
So how did we do on the budget breakdown?
Not too shabby! If time had not been so constrained we could have definitely reduced the price of pompoms by purchasing the raw materials and constructing them ourselves. This could have reduced the price to just over $2 per pompom. It was sweet to see all the wait staff coming up the stairs to peer at the decorations in the room before the party started – we did have to laugh, however, when one of the chefs’ heads popped around the corner!
A great night of celebration!
Brief – Romantic, Minimalist, Floral, Vintage, Purple
Frame / Flowers / Vintage Milk Bottles / Tissue Pom Poms
Welcome to the home on the web for “Bee of Service” – a creative consultancy to help you with all your planning, decluttering and organisational needs.
In today’s busy world, hectic lifestyles and many commitments often leave us short of time to focus on intentional design of our own lives. Many can commiserate with coming home from a twelve hour day at work and rummaging through a bathroom cabinet to find some Panadol, knowing that you should really get that cupboard sorted but simply not having the energy (nor the inclination). Others will know the feeling of walking past the calendar, seeing your daughter’s birthday ticking ever closer – she wants a fairy-themed party but you just do not have the time to go and find all that you require.
That’s where we step in! With our “no job too small” philosophy, we aim to make your life easier, giving you time for the things that really matter. We operate in three different lifestyle sectors:
- Domestic Buzz – decluttering and organisation around the home
- Blissful Buzz – “Day-Of” Coordination and party planning – see note below
- Digital Buzz – digitising photos, slideshow creation and digital scrapbooking
With transparent cost structures and a willingness to work within your budget, Bee of Service is accessible to almost anyone! Have a browse through our site and see how we can work with you to help you organise your life with intention and create beautiful memories that last a lifetime!
Note: Day-Of Coordination is unavailable in January 2013. All other services are still available.